Dah lama xshare recipes kt sini kan? Bukan apa… xtau la why I memang pemalas tahap gaban bab nak salin2 recipe masuk blog ni. Rasa macam buat homework plak hihi 😛 Amik foods pics pun dah jarang sangat2 sebab everyday sibuk dok amik pics Ihsan je.
Anyway there are 2 recipes I want to share today. The first one is Fried Tuna Sandwich. Actually it doesn’t have a specific name so I made that myself. Furthermore I think that’s the most suitable name which best portrays the food itself. This food is originated from MIL’s kitchen hihi 😀 I could say so because I never found it anywhere else before that. I had lived with the in law quite some times so I managed to learn cooking some foods including this one. I always helped MIL preparing this sandwich especially for breakfast. But it’s also suitable for tea, brunch and picnic. By the way, you can alter the recipe according to your taste. I like mine with thick tuna filling. Sometimes I add in some chopped onion. I usually eat the sandwich with Maggi chilli sauce. There were a few times I ate the sandwich with Ayam Brand Chillie Tuna and such. But I love the simple one the most as in the recipe below. So remember, the key here is prepare the filling as you like so that it will turn out delicious for you. This is a pretty simple recipe and you really should try some time.
Fried Tuna Sandwich
Ni baru buat Sabtu lepas semata2 nak ambik gambar and put it in the blog hihi 😛 Sorry la xnampak tempting langsung pun. Masak cepat2 sebab masing2 dah lapar aummm! But don’t underestimate its’ taste hihi 😛
10 Sliced white bread
2 Tuna flakes/chunks in oil in cans
- Prepare sliced breads and cover only 1 side of the breads with margarine.
- Separate the tuna from the oil in the sink and put the tuna into a bowl. You can also skip this but your tuna filling mixed will be a bit runny.
- Put in some mayonnaise, white pepper and salt to taste. Mix them until combined.
- In another bowl, put in egg and stir with a bit of salt.
- Take the sliced bread and spread the tuna on the side covered with margarine. Pair it with another bread. Then cut the sandwich into 4 equal pieces.
- Heat the pan and put in 2 tablespoons of margarine.
- When the pan is ready, dip the sandwich in the stirred eggs just until covered and instantly fry it in the pan.
- Fry on medium fire and keep turning the sandwich so that all side is fried.
- Prepare more stirred eggs if not enough and always scoop in the margarine into the pan when the pan is dry.
Now the second one is the recipe that I used for hubby’s birthday cake.
I followed the Fruit Roll Cake recipe
by Kak Yani from My Resipi and made a bit alteration on it. I used roll cake recipe instead of sponge cake because ‘m satisfied with the taste and the outcome of this recipe. So here’s the original recipe I copied from the website for future reference and some note on alterations I made on the recipe at below.
Fruit Roll Cake
4 Biji telur
60g Gula halus
3 Sudu besar plain yogurt
60g Tepung gandum
10g Corn starch
Esen vanila secukupnya
*200ml Fresh cream
*15g Gula aising
*Vanila esen secukupnya
- Heat the oven at 170 degree C. Panaskan oven ke 170C. Alaskan dulang dengan kertas minyak. Sediakan meringue – pukul telur putih dan gula sehingga kembang.
- Dalam mangkuk lain, pukul telur kuning, esen vanila dan yogurt sehingga sebati.
- Masukkan adunan no.2 ke dalam meringue. Pukul dengan perlahan-lahan.
- Masukkan pula tepung gandum dan corn starch yang telah diayak. Kacau perlahan-lahan dengan spatula.
- Tuangkan ke dalam dulang. Ratakan adunan tadi. Bakar selama 12 minit
- Keluarkan dari oven dan sejukkan.
- Masukkan fresh cream, gula aising dan esen vanila. Pukul sehingga jadi krim yang keras. Simpan dalam peti sejuk sebelum di gunakan.
- Bila kek sudah sejuk, sapukan krim tadi dan letaklah buah. Kemudian gulung.
- Balutkan kek dengan cling film. Simpan dalam peti sejuk lebih kurang 1-2 jam sebelum dipotong.
Note: I added in 2 tablespoons cocoa powder and cut out the same amount of tepung gandum in order to make the chocolate cake. Then as for the whipped cream, when the cream is about to form, I put in 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder mixed with 4 tablespoons of water and continue beating using mixer on high speed until done. I got a pale chocolate colored whipped cream. I made it th-is way because I don’t have brown coloring. Also, to make a good meringue for the cake, you can refer here to read how. This is important in order to ensure that your cake will spring as it should.