Updated: I put recipes for mihun goreng and muesli as requested. Happy trying 🙂
Lately I feel a bit boring. I don’t know why. I feel lazy to do anything but gladly I still manage to drag myself doing a few things beneficial which I should. During times like this I’m more prone to think about so many things regarding my life and the future. I’m not so fond of this because most of the things wandering in mind are the things which I don’t like to think. Not so happy to think about them. But surely I know sooner or later I still will have to really get them settled DUH~~~ I also feel like I can’t wait to give birth and has started thinking about my labor experience this time. As much as I don’t want to think about it, but definitely I am much affected by the past. I’m not going to say I’m scared but I am more towards preparing and guarding my mind and emotion on how to go through the big delivery day soon. Be mentally steady and eventually the physical will too. Owh I have 3 freaking months more to go. That’s a quite a long time left. BAH!!! I’m excited for the day to come and that makes me tired of waiting already. Okay maybe I shouldn’t start feeling anxious and excited yet. Not at least until 1 month before the EDD. Hmm this is hard 😛
Now let me proceed on to as what the title says. Throughout my 2nd pregnancy so far surely I’m experiencing food cravings just like during my 1st pregnancy. But the only difference is this time the food cravings symptom is quite smoother compared to before. Last time I did cry many times just thinking about the foods I couldn’t get and I was soo miserable too 😛 But luckily this time, I can control my cravings and I don’t become miserable if I don’t get them either. In fact, it is much easier to fulfill my desire and make me satisfied enough to forget about that particular food and shift to the next food in the list 😀 I’m going to share some of the pictures of the foods that I had craved previously. But most of them I didn’t get the chance to snap a picture of them because my mouth simply couldn’t wait to gobble them down! Some of them are like…
- Ice cream float – hubby bought the carbonated drink and an ice cream for me to indulge myself 😀
- Soft cone ice cream
- Onigiri – triangular shape rice ball which hubby just bought from the kombini
- Toast- simple one smothered with margarine and peanut butter or jam or simply sprinkled with sugar
- Etc- Xingat dah apa sbb banyak sgt.
Now let me start with the picture gallery of the foods already!
Fried mihun. Nisah, of you are reading this… akak dah pandai buat mihun goreng! 😀
- 1/2 packet dried mihun ~ soaked until soft
- Chicken meat, red meat, prawn, fish ball, fish cake and etc ~ put in whatever you like.
- 10 dried chillies ~ soaked and deseeded
- 1/4 big onion ~ sliced
- 3 cloves garlic ~ sliced
- 3 tablespoon dried prawn
- Vegetables – chives, beansprout, mustard greens (sawi), carrots and etc ~ sliced
- Soy sauce
- Oyster sauce
- Chillie sauce
- Salt to taste
- 2 eggs
- Fried onion
- Heat oil in wok. Combine eggs with some pepper and salt in a bowl and stir.
- Fry the eggs into telur dadar. Slice the telur dadar thinly and set aside.
- Blend chillies, garlic, onion and dried prawn with a bit of water.
- Saute the blended ingredients until fragrant and pecah minyak.
- Put in chicken, meat, prawn and etc and fry until hal cooked.
- Put in soy sauce, chilli sauce, oyster sauce and salt accordiing to you taste.
- Put in a bit of water if the ingredients in the wok is becoming dry.
- Put in hard vegetables.
- Put in soft vegetables and mihun and stir until well mixed.
- Taste the mihun and adjust with seasonings if needed.
- Sprinkle the fried onion, sliced telur dadar and garnishings that you like.
- Ready to eat.
Kek batik. I got the recipe from Kak Sophea. But I put so much cocoa powder and sugar so my cake turned out to be so sweet! Tapi baguslah xde dah mengidam kek batik lepas tu 😀
Bubur chacha with pumpkin.
Mihun sup utara. Ni gara2 lepas baca blog Fith. But I did make it as I wished depended on whatever I had in the kitchen. I used this recipe for the soup.
Doughnut. Ni pun berjangkit daripada Fith. I will always stick with only this doughnut recipe because I think it is very simple but perfect. I got the recipe from here.
Donut Mesia. I was craving for this since the 1st pregnancy and only got to eat it previously. Sebab xde kerajinan, keupayaan and xconfident nak buat. Kesian tak? I only used the same doughnut recipe as above.
Butter rice with ayam masak sambal. Ni gara2 teringat 1 of the menu breakfast masa in Emaresem Tepeng dulu. Pergh rindu skolah because the foods served everyday from breakfast to supper sangat CEDAP! As for this one xingat la recipe amik kat mana.
Keledek bakar with sugar for tea time.
Kari udang dengan nenas. I used recipe pajeri nenas. 2 kali tambah nasi. That was my first time cooking this lauk. Terus suka sangat! But hubby didn’t really like it. So I can’t make this often.
Red bean stolen from MamaFaMi’s. Owh excuse the look of my bun. I really didn’t know how to shape it beautifully. But the taste was great.
Homemade muesli. This is right after baking and I have yet to cut it into bars. Now I don’t have to buy muesli or cereal bar from the shop anymore 😀 As for the recipe I got it from this blog.
Recipe (I just copy from the said blog. Credit to blog owner).
- 2 cups rolled oats (bukan yang instant utk buat porridge tu ye, yang kena masak nya ni)
- 2 cups cereal (cereal apa yang you nak guna, terpulang lah ye. I’ve used cheerios, honey cornflakes, rice bubbles, cocoa pops, bran flakes. Selalunya I guna 2-3 jenis cereals at one time so tak lah rasa boring sangat the muesli slice tu)
- 60 g nuts, chopped up a bit. You can also use seeds.
- 50g dried fruits (ini pun you can use whatever is available in your pantry. I’ve tried apricots, currants, sultanas and dates. For me, sultanas yang paling sedap)
- 1/4 cups chocolate bits (optional, if you like chocolate only)
- 150g butter
- 1/4-1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (optional- kalau you nak lagi manis or kalau you tak guna cereals yang manis).
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Line a lamington/slice pan (18cm x 25 cm) with baking paper and make sure the baking paper overhang a bit so it will be easier to lift it up once baked.
- In a pot, add butter and honey (and brown sugar if using) and masak atas api sederhana hingga butter melted and sugar dissolved. Masak sampai menggelegak dan reduce kan api dan masak hingga butter mixture tu thickens a bit.
- Set it aside to cool down a bit.
- In a big bowl, masukkan rolled oats, cereals, dried fruit, choc bits and stir to combine.
- Pour the butter mixture into the oat mixture and stir until all combined and coated with butter mixture.
- Spread the muesli into the slice pan and tekan2 sikit bagi mampat and tak crumbly. Bake for 30 minutes and then cool completely in the pan.
- Bila dah sejuk, bolehlah masuk fridge dulu utk bagi dia firm sikit so senang nak potong. Kalau tak kisah the muesli a bit crumbly, boleh aje terus potong after dia dah cool down.
- Put the slice in airtight container so boleh lah tahan for a week. Maybe kalau kat Mesia, you might need to put it in the fridge kot sebab kat Mesia humid sikit.
Mee kari. I read Fith’s entry on curry? (can’t really remember), then I made this. It is delicious but I’m not gonna make it again anytime soon. Simply because mee kari isn’t really my favorite not like laksa or any other kind of mee. I made it the other just because I suddenly really wanted to taste it. So, settled with this.
Seafood spaghetti in tomato sauce. I tried to imitate the seafood spaghetti like the one in S*izeriya. But of course I didn’t get to make it the same as the original one. But at least it satisfied my craving for this.
Banana split. I just combined vanilla ice cream with slices of banana and sprinkled on top of them with chocolate rice and colorful beads. Simple yet sinful!
Mee hailam. I made this because I didn’t know what to cook for dinner and moreover I felt like eating this menu. I referred this recipe from here.
Roti jala with kari daging. I made this for dinner and was so happy to get to eat this despite of I didn’t have the acuan roti jala. I used an empty pancake syrup bottle which only have 1 hole in order to make the roti. So that’s why as you can see the roti jala isn’t really that perfect. But what important was the taste! As for the roti I got the recipe from here.
Most of the foods I made them depended on my taste and whatever I had in the kitchen. Usually what I do is I would refer to many recipes and make them on my own way. So, that’s why I don’t usually have specific recipe to share, sorry. Whereas some of the foods I have the recipes but written in my recipe book since I didn’t get them online (got them from my mom, mil, and friends) and even if I did, I can’t remember the link anymore. So that’s why I can’t put the link for some of the recipe. But if you want the recipe don’t hesitate to request. I will try to update with the recipe required later, okay.
There will be MORE on foods coming later. Stay tuned! 😉