Hey-low! I’m back again and as usual with lots of updates which actually I have already lost track for the half of them. Yup, of course there are juicy and slurpy stories too but almost all of them are too personal to be told here and I better pour out only the common ones. I wished that I could tell everything happens in my life in here but after a second thought I don’t feel too comfortable with it. Because, others will read them and it bothers me a lot if the readers happen to know me regardless either they are important persons in my life or just cyber acquaintances who barely knew about me. The most important points after all are, I will feel weak and fool after reading them and I don’t like that feelings though. I have once read something at somewhere one time before, which said something like this; actually we need not to tell the whole secrets we have to others because at the end of the day we will end up becoming too dependable to others’ advices, mercies and concerns in other to move on. In fact, the little strong secrets we kept ourselves will inspire us to be wiser, braver and more matured to stand on our own in the future. So, I tried the latter since the time when I discovered about it and today I can say that I really agree with the idea. But well, just in case; I think I better stick with my own private journal or the mind chest too. Usually I would prefer the latter choice and sometimes would unlock the chest and let the painful memories been blown and gone with the wind as time passed by.
Okay, what a boring talking there duh! Hmmm nothing special happened for the past few days, of course there were something huge happened between us (as usual duh~~~) but I’m not gonna talk about it =P =P =P Haihhh marriage life is always like that, like the high and low tides of the ocean where forgives and forgets, tolerations and cooperation, respects and patience and all other important elements would always give and take non-stop continuously. Well, Bie didn’t go to work yesterday because he said he was too sleepy and lazy. That was his last annual leaves for this year and he kept finishing them like that instead of made them into a well-planned holidays. I told him that for next year’s annual leaves he will have to reserve them for only emergencies, well-planned holidays like going back to Malaysia, and other important purposes only. Hope that he will stick to his words. Last time, he pissed off when I was mad with him when he ‘ponteng kerja’ and he said, “..ni siapa yang keje ni? Biarla org nak cuti ke nak apa ke bla bla bla..“. Yup you were right honey but there weren’t right for you to waste most of your annual leaves by ‘ponteng kerja’ and ended up staying at home, lying lazily watching your animes and cartoons for the whole day duhhh! You could plan them perfect enough and brought me sight-seeing instead okay =P Never mind, even actually I love to have you as my sleeping companion though instead of sleeping alone. (Usually I will continue to sleep after he goes to work okay =P =P =P).
It is a very sunny day today and I did my laundry work. But I don’t think the clothes will even get to 70% dry because of the cold weather. I checked the weather forecast and there were told several times that it should be snowing for the past few days but still I haven’t seen any trace of snow at all. Why eh? I’m already tired with the waiting. Almost everybody in Japan (from reading their blogs) I heard them saying that this year’s snow is so shy to fall down. Even during the winter, the leaves were shy to reveal their red and gold colors. What’s wrong with the nature? Global warming effects eh? Haihhh I don’t want to think anymore. Anyway Bie got his end year’s bonus last week *woot-woot!* and it happened to be ‘X’ times of his monthly salary. Huhu Alhamdulillah! But I told him that they should be reserved for savings and important purposes only. There are a few important matters that we need to settle down and it all cost money too and actually lot of them. So, we better plan a wise financial instead of wasting them and regret later okay. Ouhhh now is when my financial book becomes important and I need to make it done by today! MUST! (It has been 3 months in a row already even I could only complete it in one day. Same goes to the Japanese learning thing warghhh! Okay, need to make a STRICT resolution after this and HAVE to obey my own rules and schedule).
By the way before I forgot, last week I made an apple muffin which I got the recipe from MamaFaMi Fotopage. She got the recipe from Kak Liza who actually got it from Zack. See the sharing circles there? Anyway, as MamaFaMi said sharing is caring! Thanks a bunch for all of them though! What a very simple and yet delicious recipe to try, really! I’m sure gonna make it again someday. Ouhhh I baked my muffin using cake tin since my muffin tin way too small for all the batter. So, baked my muffin 50 minutes instead of 25 minutes only in order to ensure it was fully baked and rose. Here is the picture of the soft and sweet apple muffin. Tadaa! =D
After baking – the smell was soo sweet =D
Have a slice?
Apple Strudel Muffins (Mama FaMi)
300 grams flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
a pinch of salt
190 grams granny smith apples ~ diced
2 tablespoons chocolate chips
115 grams butter or margarine
100 grams white sugar
100 grams brown sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- Cream butter, sugar and eggs until smooth. Then add in the vanilla essence.
- In another bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate soda and salt.
- Then add the diced apples. TIPS: To make muffins that have fruits in it, make sure you add the diced/sliced fruits into the dry ingredients and mix it well until all the fruits are covered in flour. This will make sure the fruits are distributed evenly in the muffins when baked.
- Make a well in the bowl containing the dry ingredients and pour in the wet mixture. Fold as gently,quickly and as even as possible. TIPS: In order to make great fluffy muffins, DON’T OVERMIX your dry ingredients and your wet ingredients. After both are mixed, the batter should be lumpy and NOT RUNNY.
- Scoop the mixture into the muffin tray lined with muffin cups.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 180 degress C for 20-25 minutes. Once baked take out from muffin pan as soon as possible, and leave to cool on wire rack. This is to avoid the muffins from getting soggy when cooled.
Last but not least, on last Friday I made pizza again for the second time. This time it turned out walla! I got the recipe from Kak Yong’s Fotopage and thank a lot to Kak Yong for the very easy and delicious pizza crust recipe. Actually I didn’t really like pizza like the ones from Pizza Hut or Dominos or whatsoever because I would easily become full and hackneyed after eating only 1 slice of them. However Kak Yong’s pizza crust recipe made me able to eat half pan of the whole pizza, so much occupied in tummy and the most important thing was I didn’t feel hackneyed at all! I made the pizza toppings according to my own liking. I couldn’t have enough of them and Bie liked it so much too. Surely gonna make it again. Save money and even tastier! Thanks to my Mr. Oven and thanks to Bie to for buying it for me! =D
Have a slice?
Pizza Crust (Kak Yong)
.25 ounces / 7.1 grams active dry yeast
1 cup warm water ~ 45 degress C
2 cups bread flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons white sugar
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups bread flour, olive oil, salt, white sugar and the yeast mixture. Stir well to combine.
- Beat well until a stiff dough has formed.
- Cover and rise until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 175 degress C.
- Turn dough out onto a well floured surface. Form dough into a round and roll out into a pizza crust shape.
- Cover with favorite sauce and toppings and bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
4 cloves garlics ~ diced
1 big onion ~ diced
1 small can tomato puree
4 tablespoons chillie sauce
dried basil/ oregano leaves/ italian herbs
dried basil/oregano/italian herbs
- Heat oil and saute all the diced ingredients.
- Add tomato puree and chillie sauce.
- Finally add dried basil/ oregano leaves/ italian herbs, salt and pepper to taste.
I used crab stick, smoked sausages, capsicum, mushroom and mozarella cheese.